For 4 small glasses or 2 medium ones
For the cream
- 1 mango-orange smoothie (330ml)
- 1 egg yolk
- 16g Maizena
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the mango sauce
- 100g of mango pulp (fresh or frozen – if frozen let thaw out at room temperature)
- 1 tsp of honey
- 1 tsp of lime juice
- 1 table spoon of water
- Shake the smoothie well and pour 1/3 in a bowl. Add the egg yolk and maizena and whisk until smooth.
- Pour the 2/3 of the smoothie and the vanilla extract in a small pan, cook on low heat until it slightly boils. Stir from time to time with a whisk to prevent the smoothie from sticking to the pan.
- Add the egg + maizena + smoothie blend to the pan, continue to whisk until the texture gets thicker and turn off the heat.
- Pour in small glasses, let cool and place in the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving.
- For the mango sauce, blend all ingredients (with a hand blender or small blender) until smooth.
- Before serving, place 2 table spoons of the mango sauce on the top of the cream.
Nutritional value :
- For 2 medium-size glasses (per glass): 196 kcal | 4,3 g fat | 24,4 g carbs | 14,5 g protein (the mango sauce adds approx 50 kcal per glass)
- For 4 small glasses (per glass) : 98 kcal | 2,2 g fat | 12,1 g carbs | 7,3 g protein (lthe mango sauce adds approx 25 kcal per glass)